Last updated: March 9, 2022
The Independence Mission Schools (IMS) network holds the well-being, health and safety of students and staff as a top priority. The safety investments we made during the 2020-2021 school year to minimize COVID-19 transmission risk have allowed us to fully open our school buildings for five-day. in-person learning for the 2021/22 school year.
More information can be found by clicking on one of the three categories below:
Most Recent 2020/21 Back-to-School Updates
Status Update: Due to a significant drop in the number positive cases within our school communities over the past couple of weeks, we are pleased to announce that the use of masks will be optional for all students and staff effective Wednesday March 9, 2022.
As an extra precaution to help minimize the risk of a COVID surge in our schools after
Easter Break, all students and staff would be required to wear a mask April 19-22, the week after we return from Easter Break.
- 3-09-22: IMS Network Mask Update
As part of our commitment to keep teachers and scholars safely together in our buildings, all other COVID-19 protocols will continue to remain in effect. These measures include:
- A hand sanitizing station in every classroom, all shared spaces, and the hallways of each facility
- Desk barriers for every student and teacher
- Air purifiers in every classroom, all shared spaces, and offices
- Daily disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and bathrooms
- Sneeze guards for our front office personnel and school leaders
- Monthly electro-static treatments to disinfect and sanitize entire facilities
Please continue to check this page regularly for the latest back-to-school updates for the 2021/22 school year as it relates to the IMS network.