Every year, IMS recognizes the amazing people who make our work possible. These awards are the highest forms of recognition within our organization and awardees are nominated and recognized by both their school communities and the greater IMS community. Selecting our Teacher Impact awardees was especially challenging because, over the course of the past year, we have seen so many teachers work diligently to apply professional learning in their classrooms and to lead change among their peers. The winners were chosen after carefully considering their contributions to their school communities and their impact on students.
Please join us in congratulating all of our 2019-2020 IMS Award winners!
St. John Neumann Teacher Impact Award winners – honored for their outstanding commitment to education and positive impact on their students and colleagues:
- Math – Becca Lord (St. Barnabas)
- ELA – Michelle Day (St. Malachy)
- Other Content Areas – Scott Jackson (Tech, St. Martin of Tours), Rick Conti (Art/Music, St. Martin of Tours), Melissa Roberts (PE/Health, OMSSI/St. Frances Cabrini)
- Coaching – Betsy Rafferty (St. Malachy)
Christ the Teacher Award winner – honoring an IMS Principal for his or her Christ-like leadership in their school community:
- Sr. Meaghan Patterson (St. Martin de Porres)
Angel of the Catholic School Award winners – honoring our dedicated and committed volunteers who help to fulfill the message and mission of IMS:
- Stephen Batory (St. Barnabas)
- Steven Chudoff (St. Veronica)
- Shannon Cline (St. Helena-Incarnation)
We will recognize recipients of the Teacher Impact award network-wide in August. At the same time, we will also announce winners of the St. Katharine Drexel award for honoring non-instructional staff for their outstanding service, commitment and dedication to IMS and the Years of Service award.